The Cooper Institute® continuously enhances the FitnessGram® software to improve your experience. More noticeable changes that impact how the software is used will occur over the summer and winter breaks to avoid mid-semester changes.
The following enhancements are provided for your reference and sorted by most recent.
- Students can enter their own FitnessGram® scores!
- Additional filters added to the FitnessGram® data entry screen allowing users to easily filter by school, teacher, and class.
- Test event filters allow you to filter by school, teacher, and class to find a test event.
- New filters have been added to the Manage Users page. Now you can search by First or Last Name, User ID, and Birth Date.
- Admins can add and manage user roles/permissions within an already created role (for example: add a Teacher role to a School or District Admin).
- FitnessGram® has undergone a series of performance enhancements to improve performance and system efficiencies.
- The FitnessGram® Research Extract has been renamed to FitnessGram® Data Export.
- A search bar has been added to SmartCoach.
- FitnessGram® Spanish resources are available in SmartCoach.
- The banner at the top of the screen has been removed.
- District Admins can Merge users to resolve duplication.
- Save customized settings in a test event’s data entry screen.
- New help page outlining how the transfer of student data works.
- When creating a file, a specific column order is not required.
- Mapping auto-selects fields based on header names in file.
- Export a mapping to a CSV file.
- New import preview feature allows you to review the exact cells where errors occur prior to importing.
- Improved import error messages provide better guidance on how to fix errors in your file.
- Option to export a list of errors from the import preview/validation screen.
- Email notification is sent to the District Admin when an import is complete.
- New Help.FitnessGram.Net site released for all software support (instructions, videos, webinars, Help Desk).
- Video tutorials added for quick instructions.
- Import User Guide replaced with step-by-step instructions and a how-to video.
- FitnessGram® state instructions updated for 2017-2018 school year.
FitnessGram® Test Events
- Edit test event details and test items even after data has been entered and the end date has passed.
- Add and remove students from test event rosters.
- District Admins and School Admins can delete classes.
- Email address is required for all users so that all users can retrieve their login credentials.
- Usernames are no longer case sensitive.
- Email verification step added so that all users have an email address associated with their account.
Do you have an idea that will improve the FitnessGram® software? Contact the Help Desk with your idea and we will consider it for future enhancements.