The Cooper Institute continuously enhances the FitnessGram software to improve your experience. More noticeable changes that impact how the software is used will occur over the summer and winter breaks to avoid mid-semester changes.
The following enhancements are provided for your reference and sorted by most recent.
- More modern and comprehensive design.
- New report filters including Test Type, Test Item, Test Item Category, and Date Range.
- New Report Output options. Can review all Scheduled and Emailed reports in the Report Activity tab. See Generate Student Reports for more information.
- Can now enlarge image in Report Preview screen to review example image before generating the report.
- New logic to present aggregate-level overviews of Healthy Fitness Zone Achievement.
- New Completion Report replaced the FitnessGram % Tested Report and provides Teachers and Admins with the percentage of students who have data entered by component.
- Instructional assessment images and consistent messaging surrounding each health-related fitness component.
- Search for one or multiple student report(s).
- The print body composition on reports checkbox has been moved from within the Test Event to the Student Report page.
- Email reports to parents and/or students directly from the report page.
- Logic has been updated so reports will display the three most recent assessment results.
- Date Range filter allows you to change the month and day to capture a specific test window.
- Student Reports automatically generate in Spanish if the Print Reports in Spanish checkbox has been selected or if this field has been included in the Import file. See Step 2: Create a File to learn about File Fields.
- The import screen organizes settings, mappings, and history in tabs.
- The checkbox to update usernames and passwords with an import has been moved from Districts & Schools to the Settings tab in the import page.
- Now District Admins have an additional import option that allows them to remove any students, teachers, and classes from FitnessGram that aren’t in their import file. See Step 4: Import File to learn about the Add, Update, and Remove import setting.
- Various fields have been removed from the import template. Click Step 2: Create a File to review the File Fields.
- The most recent import can be rolled back or reversed.
- Invalid characters such as commas are accepted.
Manage Users & Manage Classes
- Option to manage user assignments from Manage Users by viewing and editing a user’s school and class assignments from their profile.
- Search all schools for an individual user.
- Users and classes can be exported from the Manage Users and Manage Classes screens.
- Local IDs and usernames can be edited in a user’s profile.
- Subjects have been updated to better organize the SmartCoach resources.
- Students can track average heart rate.
- District Admins will now see their district’s license expiration date on the dashboard and receive an email two weeks before the expiration date.
- FitnessGram is OneRoster™ compliant to securely and reliably exchange roster information with compatible systems such as ClassLink.
- Exemption codes have been updated to clearer reasons for absence.
- Arrow keys allow users to move through the FitnessGram data entry screen.
- Students can enter their own FitnessGram scores!
- Additional filters added to the FitnessGram data entry screen allowing users to easily filter by school, teacher, and class.
- Classes can be edited in test events.
- Test event filters allow you to filter by school, teacher, and class to find a test event.
- New filters have been added to the Manage Users page. Now you can search by First or Last Name, User ID, and Birth Date.
- Admins can add and manage user roles/permissions within an already created role (for example: add a Teacher role to a School or District Admin).
- FitnessGram has undergone a series of performance enhancements to improve performance and system efficiencies.
- The FitnessGram Research Extract has been renamed to FitnessGram Data Export.
- A search bar has been added to SmartCoach.
- FitnessGram Spanish resources are available in SmartCoach.
- The banner at the top of the screen has been removed.
- District Admins can Merge users to resolve duplication.
- Save customized settings in a test event’s data entry screen.
- New help page outlining how the transfer of student data works.
- When creating a file, a specific column order is not required.
- Mapping auto-selects fields based on header names in file.
- Export a mapping to a CSV file.
- New import preview feature allows you to review the exact cells where errors occur prior to importing.
- Improved import error messages provide better guidance on how to fix errors in your file.
- Option to export a list of errors from the import preview/validation screen.
- Email notification is sent to the District Admin when an import is complete.
- New Help.FitnessGram.Net site released for all software support (instructions, videos, webinars, Help Desk).
- Video tutorials added for quick instructions.
- Import User Guide replaced with step-by-step instructions and a how-to video.
- FitnessGram state instructions updated for 2017-2018 school year.
FitnessGram Test Events
- Edit test event details and test items even after data has been entered and the end date has passed.
- Add and remove students from test event rosters.
- District Admins and School Admins can delete classes.
- Email address is required for all users so that all users can retrieve their login credentials.
- Usernames are no longer case sensitive.
- Email verification step added so that all users have an email address associated with their account.
Do you have an idea that will improve the FitnessGram software? Contact the Help Desk with your idea and we will consider it for future enhancements.