The Cooper Institute® continuously enhances the FitnessGram® software to improve your experience. More noticeable changes that impact how the software is used will occur over the summer and winter breaks to avoid mid-semester changes.
The following enhancements are provided for your reference and sorted by most recent.
- The import screen organizes settings, mappings, and history in tabs.
- The checkbox to update usernames and passwords with an import has been moved from Districts & Schools to the Settings tab in the import page.
- Now District Admins have an additional import option that allows them to remove any students, teachers, and classes from FitnessGram® that aren’t in their import file. See Step 4: Import File to learn about the Add, Update, and Remove import setting.
- Various fields have been removed from the import template. Click Step 2: Create a File to review the File Fields.
- The most recent import can be rolled back or reversed.
- Invalid characters such as commas are accepted.
Manage Users & Manage Classes
- Option to manage user assignments from Manage Users by viewing and editing a user’s school and class assignments from their profile.
- Search all schools for an individual user.
- Users and classes can be exported from the Manage Users and Manage Classes screens.
- Local IDs and usernames can be edited in a user’s profile.
- Subjects have been updated to better organize the SmartCoach resources.
- Students can track average heart rate.
- District Admins will now see their district’s license expiration date on the dashboard and receive an email two weeks before the expiration date.
- FitnessGram® is OneRoster™ compliant to securely and reliably exchange roster information with compatible systems such as ClassLink.
- Exemption codes have been updated to clearer reasons for absence.
- Arrow keys allow users to move through the FitnessGram® data entry screen.
- Students can enter their own FitnessGram® scores!
- Additional filters added to the FitnessGram® data entry screen allowing users to easily filter by school, teacher, and class.
- Classes can be edited in test events.
- Test event filters allow you to filter by school, teacher, and class to find a test event.
- New filters have been added to the Manage Users page. Now you can search by First or Last Name, User ID, and Birth Date.
- Admins can add and manage user roles/permissions within an already created role (for example: add a Teacher role to a School or District Admin).
- FitnessGram® has undergone a series of performance enhancements to improve performance and system efficiencies.
- The FitnessGram® Research Extract has been renamed to FitnessGram® Data Export.
- A search bar has been added to SmartCoach.
- FitnessGram® Spanish resources are available in SmartCoach.
- The banner at the top of the screen has been removed.
- District Admins can Merge users to resolve duplication.
- Save customized settings in a test event’s data entry screen.
- New help page outlining how the transfer of student data works.
- When creating a file, a specific column order is not required.
- Mapping auto-selects fields based on header names in file.
- Export a mapping to a CSV file.
- New import preview feature allows you to review the exact cells where errors occur prior to importing.
- Improved import error messages provide better guidance on how to fix errors in your file.
- Option to export a list of errors from the import preview/validation screen.
- Email notification is sent to the District Admin when an import is complete.
- New Help.FitnessGram.Net site released for all software support (instructions, videos, webinars, Help Desk).
- Video tutorials added for quick instructions.
- Import User Guide replaced with step-by-step instructions and a how-to video.
- FitnessGram® state instructions updated for 2017-2018 school year.
FitnessGram® Test Events
- Edit test event details and test items even after data has been entered and the end date has passed.
- Add and remove students from test event rosters.
- District Admins and School Admins can delete classes.
- Email address is required for all users so that all users can retrieve their login credentials.
- Usernames are no longer case sensitive.
- Email verification step added so that all users have an email address associated with their account.
Do you have an idea that will improve the FitnessGram® software? Contact the Help Desk with your idea and we will consider it for future enhancements.