District Admins watch the video tutorials below for step-by-step instructions to get started. Download the Getting Started District Admin Guide to view these steps in a guide format.
Step 1: Log In to https://myhealthyzone.FitnessGram.net/
Tips for District Admins to log in for the first time:
- Upon activation, the District Admins identified on the Intake Form will receive a Welcome to FitnessGram® email from noreply@FitnessGram.net with the username and 4-character district code.
- Initially, the District Admin will enter the username, district code, and click Forgot above the password field to set a new one.
- Enter all three fields once your password has been reset to login.
Click here for more information about logging in.
Step 2: View District & Schools
Go to Settings, select District & Schools, and perform the following tasks.
- Check Participating Schools list to find Local Identifiers.
- Check the list of Participating Schools to ensure all schools are visible and have a Local Identifier.
- The School Local Identifiers need to be unique to the district and will be the IDs used in the import file.
- To add or edit a School Local Identifier, click the school name and add/edit the ID field. Note: Contact FitnessGram@CooperInst.org if you are part of a FitnessGram® State Implementation before changing/adding a Local Identifier.
- Check School Year Start Date.
- The current school year will be the School Year Start Date until one year from this date.
- The default setting is July 1st, but the District Admin can adjust to suit their schedule.
- Data entered into the software prior to the current school year will not be visible; it will be archived and retrievable via reports.
Step 3: Import Students, Teachers, and Classes
Note: Refer to state-specific import instructions if part of a FitnessGram®state implementation (FitnessGram® states: TX, GA, OK, SC, DE).
Click here to learn more about the import process and download supplemental resources.
Step 4: Visit Manage Classes & Manage Users
Once and import has processed, find class rosters and verify student, class, and teacher assignments. Ensure classes are ready for teachers to begin creating FitnessGram® Test Events.
Go to Settings and select Manage Classes.
- Sort by school and check for active classes with students. Select classes to find teachers and students.
Go to Settings and select Manage Users.
- Sort by Teacher, and verify teachers are active and ready to use the software. Note: Make sure email addresses are on file for each teacher (so that they can set their own passwords).
Click here to learn more about Manage Classes and Manage Users.
Step 5: Share Logins with Teachers
- District Admins manage all teacher logins in the software for their district.
- The Help Desk will refer any users in the district to the District Admins for assistance with retrieving login credentials.
Checklist for Success:
- Ensure classes are setup for teachers.
- Ensure teacher email addresses are on file.
- Share usernames and district code and ask teachers to reset their passwords to create a new one.
- Share the Getting Started Teacher Guide.
- Refer teachers to the FitnessGram Software Teacher Training (live webinar).